Get In Touch
Questions, comments, want to get involved? Send us a message!
Become an Advocate
Want to spread the word about Basic Income through your network? Sign up to be an Advocate, and get access to resources for social sharing, connect with other Advocates, and more.
Communications and Marketing Volunteer
Position: Casual – Remote
Hours of work: 10 hours per week
Basic Income Alberta is a member-driven organization connected with basic income advocates across the country. Grounded in research, scholarship, and economic understanding, we focus on advocacy, education and local mobilization. For years, Albertans from across the political spectrum have been discussing the idea of a basic income.
Basic Income Alberta is made possible by committed organizations and volunteers. We’re currently seeking two Edmonton or Calgary-based volunteers to help us with mobilizing support over the summer and in advance of the municipal election.
These positions would work collaboratively with each other and the mobilizing and educating committee to:
- Develop a social media campaign for increasing awareness of basic income
- Create a toolkit that advocates could use to create awareness in advance of the upcoming municipal elections
- Post-secondary studies in a communications, journalism, marketing or community development supplemented
- Recent course work in digital marketing
Experience & Skills:
- Experience or course work in communications strategy and project management
- 2+ years of digital communications experience with experience in social media
- Direct experience in graphic, video, animation and GIF creation would be an asset
- Photography training and experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated interest in poverty reduction is an asset
- The Ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong communications skills
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience and comfort writing for external and social media audiences
- Strong attention to detail particularly when editing
- Project management skills and ability to handle multiple competing deadlines
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, Prismic or similar web platforms, Hootsuite, Prezi, Canva, Google Analytics, Kapwing and social media platforms
To apply, forward a resume with a cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
keep up with the conversations and events around basic income